Not sure why this popped in my head the other day. Just a few random facts about me.
1. I detest pineapple, honeydew, and cantaloupe. I have learned to tolerate strawberries, but only if they're swimming in whipped cream. With cake, too.
2. I have a hard time driving Fords. It is impossible for me to adjust the seat for leg length and get the proper arm length to the wheel. It's one or the other. I had a Bronco once, and that one actually worked for me. Then my husband wrecked it. Chevy fits me very nicely, which is handy since I married a Chevy man. My Ford family threatened to disown me. As an aside, my uncle's Miata fits me PERFECTLY.
3. I have a favorite insect. Yes, I do. I love praying mantis. They are highly revered in my garden, in the yard at work, everywhere. If I'm out for a walk and find one on the road, I will move it to the safety of the nearest yard. Or bring it home with me. If I find an ootheca (that's an egg pod) on a movable object, such as a piece or firewood, a rock, a stick, I immediately find it a safe haven somewhere. I've also watched the babies hatching in the spring. It's fascinating.
4. I have sat for hours watching the mollies and platies in my aquarium, trying to see them give birth. I've never caught it live, but still get giddy when I see new babies swimming about. I have seen them mate; rather cool to watch.
5. I've been known to wear flip flops in the dead (and frigid cold) of winter. Yes, my feet get cold. No, I don't always care.
6. The bathroom in my house holds mystical and magical powers. It is where the men in my life have all their major epiphanies and call me in to talk about it. Thankfully, it's only when they're in the shower, not when they're doing other things.
7. One of my husband's nicknames for me is Spock. I tend to be a little literal and analytical at times.
Now it's time to go do a little Vulcan mind-melding with the washing machine.